This tutorial is about creating rules in Outlook 365 webmail. We will do our best to make sure you understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to create rules in Outlook 365 webmail. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to create rules in Outlook 365 webmail
A rule is an action that Outlook Web App automatically performs for incoming or outgoing messages. For example, you can create a rule to automatically move all emails sent to a group of which you are a member to a specific folder, or to remove all “Big Win!” on the subject.
This article refers to Outlook Web App. If you want to create and manage inbox rules in the Outlook desktop app, see Manage rules in Outlook for desktop.
Create an inbox rule in Outlook / Office 365
Create a rule in Outlook
- Start Outlook.
- Click File> Info> Manage Rules and Alerts.
- When the Rules and Alerts dialog box appears, click the New Rule button.
- In step 1, click the option labeled Apply rule to messages I receive and click Next to continue.
- Check the conditions that you want the filter to apply. The following example will filter specific words in the subject.
- In step 2, click on the specific words link and enter the words or phrase to search for in the subject. The following example searches for the words: shopping and bargains. Once you have entered the word, click Add and OK to close the dialog box.
- Press next to continue.
- When asked what to do with the message, check the conditions you want to set when you receive the email. The following example will move it to the specified folder.
- In step 2, click the link for the specified folder, choose Junk E-mail, and then click OK.
- In the Create New Folder dialog box, enter the following information, and then click OK to close the dialog box: Name: spam (or whatever name you want) Folder contains: make sure Mail and post items is selected. the folder: click on the folder in which you want to create the spam folder.
- Click OK to close the dialog box that displays your folders.
- In the next three windows, click Next to continue.
- Enter a name for the rule and make sure the Enable this rule checkbox is checked and click Finish.
- The Rules and Alerts dialog box appears. Click Apply to run this rule on new messages.
- Click OK to close the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
Create an inbox rule in Office 365
- Log into your OWA account
- Click on the gear in the upper right corner and select Mail.
- In the left navigation pane, under Mail> Auto Process and select Inbox Rules
- Click + to create a new rule.
- Enter the following on the new screen: Name: Spam (or whatever name you want) When the message arrives and meets all of these conditions: select one from the drop-down list. Select Add Condition to insert a new condition for the same rule. Do all of the following: select one from the drop-down list. Select the Add action to insert a new action for the same rule. Unless one of these conditions is true: click Add an exception if necessary.
- Once you have completed all the fields, click OK to save the rule.
Final words: How to create rules in Outlook 365 webmail
hope you will understand this item How to create rules in Outlook 365 webmail, if your answer is no, you can request anything through the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, then share this article with your family and friends.