SAN JOSE, CA (PRWEB)
May 27, 2022
Reallusion is once again evolving Character Creator and iClone, the most user-friendly and dynamic character animation platform, with a monolithic leap in capability and creativity. The tandem version of iClone 8 (iC8) and Character Creator 4 (CC4) offers a range of accessible 3D character tools to generate and animate scalable humans or digital humanoids. CC4 and iC8 aim to provide creators with a unified and dramatically simplified solution for character setup and animation.
Evolution supports custom IPs and imported models, giving users from studios to artists an illustrious set of tools that can now be applied to any character. CC4 and iC8 open the door to more interactive storytellers and designers with professional tools paired with ease of access and ultimate power. Take any character or animation to the platform of your choice, from augmented reality, virtual reality, or the metaverse to games, movies, and content for new emerging media.
Character Creator 4 launch video: https://youtu.be/EKRpdxmZ9PM
iClone 8 demo video: https://youtu.be/PSIu5Nke81Y
HIGH CHARACTER DESIGNS (CC4)
Character Creator 4 deepens character development with two-way functionality for a new version of CC4 digital humans and imported humanoids that support all animation setup tools associated with native CC4 characters. Wider compatibility with any character to become a CC4 character and also enjoy the iC8 animation system. This is a big change for CC4 that opens the door for 3D artists to configure their characters for use with iC8’s real-time animation tools.
CC4 characters have the most customization for animation setup with custom blendshape import and assignment which unlocks iC8 facial animation and lip sync for any character model.
Key New Features in Character Creator 4
1. Extensive character realism
The native CC4 character is upgraded with 140 fusion shapes from 4D scanning for refined motion capture, face puppetry, and lip sync with iC8 AccuLips.
2. Animate any character rig
Whether it’s humans, creatures, or props, creativity is no longer limited by the existing CC character base. All rigged bipedal models can be imported, characterized and facially rigged in Character Creator.
3. Feature moving characters
All-new animation features allow character designers to see and test live characters in Character Creator, help verify character rigs, test cloth skin weight, configure physics and render the characters with a hub. Glamorous real-time rendering with a library of realistic lighting and optical effects (Lightroom and Atmosphere) optimized for the digital human shader.
4. Automatic import from popular character types
Character Creator can automatically detect the imported character type when dragging into an FBX file. Supported character standards include Maya HumanIK, 3ds Max Biped, Blender Meta-rig, Mixamo characters and moves, and Daz3D G3/G8 characters and moves.
For a full product description, please visit the Character Creator 4 website
Dramatically simplified CHARACTER ANIMATION (iC8)
iClone 8 Animation offers professional editing result with self-contained animation creativity. The Reallusion Play2Animate philosophy and Device LIVE features demystify the complexities of traditional animation. Experience the balance of deeply refined editing controls paired with a new, intuitive approach to animation. iC8 mixes the best of both worlds between gameplay interactivity and professional animation. Access editing tools for layout and lens scenes with camera control devices and animate characters with ultimate interactive and hands-on direction using gamepads, 3D mouse and assignable hotkeys.
Motion capture and animation editing in iClone 8 is fine-tuned with smart controls that help lock the target of footsteps/handprints for accurate character performance with scenes and environments, character animation to object or from character to character.
Main new features of iClone 8
1. Professional Motion Controls and Mocap Editing
iClone offers powerful animation capabilities while keeping the process simple and intuitive. Whether users are new to the 3D industry or a veteran of professional tools like Maya or MotionBuilder, iClone’s motion editing features and unparalleled simplicity can surpass most animators’ expectations.
- Motion capture and animation editing in iClone 8 is refined with smart controls that assist footsteps and handprint systems
- Target lock for accurate character performance with scenes and environments, character-to-object or character-to-character animation.
- Motion Key Sampling, Smooth Filter, Key Reduction and Curve Editing
2. Motion Director
The Motion Director system launches game controls to drive characters, apply motion triggers and dynamic cameras to direct scenes in real time. Implemented with Motion Matching Technology, the new feature provides smooth shifting, turns and motion transitions.
- Game-like actor control – direct characters with an ordinary game controller, mouse-click waypoints, or conventional WASD keys.
- NPC AI Animation – give standalone animation in slow motion, walk on path, in area or follow an animated object
- Camera Switch – Switch up to nine camera views when directing the actor
- Macro Recorder and Sequencer – record device input events and replay them in a user-defined sequence, or bake them into the timeline
- Behavior expansion – allows to add new behaviors to actors,
3. Custom Keyboard Shortcuts and DeviceLIVE
Intuitively engage directing and editing with live switching, trigger effects, Slider fader, Jog Dial timeline cleanup, Drone Camera navigation, and more. Almost all of iClone’s functions can be paired with custom hotkeys to assign devices that interact as physical interfaces for ultimate scene control. Maya, Max, or Blender users can also choose their preferred mouse-keyboard convention for window control.
For full product description, please visit iClone 8 website
INTEGRATED AND TRANSPARENT CHARACTER WORKFLOW
The massive innovation inside iClone 8 and Character Creator 4 is led by the inclusion of a comprehensive new 3DXchange integration which now seamlessly integrates character setup and animation with drag-and-drop import. file, instant or personalized retargeting and an all-new intelligent content management system for a smooth workflow.
- Smart content manager – directly upload free resources or purchased assets in the content manager. CC4/iClone8 shared folder design allows the same resources to be accessed from both programs, keyword search and custom markup for quick data access, content workgroup for resource sharing and the flexibility of central server access or multiple disk storage.
- 3DXchange merges seamlessly into CC and iClone, importing characters, moves, props and more with drag and drop FBX or OBJ
- iClone 8 – Curve Editor, MotionLIVE are now standard features
CHARACTER PIPELINE TO ALL MAJOR PLATFORMS
Now CC4 and iC8’s Reallusion pipeline is more powerful than ever, including features that allow creators to generate and export characters and animations in FBX or USD format for the most popular platforms. Export CC4 and iC8 scene assets and characters for plotted rendering in Omniverse, game output and virtual production in Unreal and Unity, round-trip editing with 3D digital authoring tools, and creation of metaverse avatars higher level.
- UE5 AutoSetup and iClone Unreal Live Link
- Automatic unit configuration
- Blender 3 – CC to Blender Tool
- iClone and the Character Creator Omniverse Connector
Paid content packs – extend the power of iClone 8 and CC4
Learn more about Character Creator 4 and iClone 8
Character Creator 4: https://www.reallusion.com/character-creator/
iClone 8: https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/
Get full information and lots of new feature details at http://www.Reallusion.com
Products are available now to integrate into a complete character production workflow or for stand-alone creativity and development. https://www.reallusion.com/store/product.html?l=1&p=3d