Recruitment reference: HIPIN/MANI/2022/019
International Disability Federationconducts missions under its trade name, Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent international aid organization working in situations of poverty, exclusion, conflict and disaster. Alongside people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups in 60 countries, our action and witness aim to meet their basic needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we act and testify to meet their basic needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI in the Philippines has been operational since 1985 and is one of the leading organizations in the disability sector in the country.
An operational strategy for the Philippines and Indonesia has been developed from 2020 to 2023 which aims to foster the meaningful participation of people at risk of exclusion in improving their safety, resilience and quality of life and will focus on the following areas:
- Employment and Livelihood Assistance access of vulnerable people to sustainable and resilient livelihoods;
- Protection & Risk Reductionsaving lives, reducing risk and building the resilience of vulnerable people and communities;
- Health & Prevention-Promote the health and well-being of vulnerable people of all ages and prevent disabilities.
HI has been present in all major disasters in the Philippines over the past 18 years and has implemented a wide range of humanitarian assistance ranging from the provision of WASH, shelter, cash and livelihoods, protection, health and rehabilitation services, disability and vulnerability focal point (DVFP) approaches, referral services. The inclusion of vulnerable people is transversal in all HI’s emergency projects through the formation of an Age and Disability Task Force (ADTF) whose main objective is to defend and ensure the inclusion of vulnerable people, including children, the elderly, women and people. disabilities in humanitarian aid
The technical specialist is the only specialist covering pillar 3 of the operational strategy
Line manager: Philippines Technical Unit Manager
Duty station: Headquarters in the Philippines (Makati City, Philippines), with travel to sites in the Philippines and deployable to all implementation areas affected by an emergency
Duration: 12 months
Missions / responsibilities
Under the responsibility of the Technical Unit Manager (TUM) of the Philippines, the Field Technical Specialist contributes to the implementation of the mandate and the 3-year strategy of Humanity & Inclusion Philippines. He/she ensures optimal quality and impact of the projects under rehabilitation and ECCD implemented in the program, through a delegation system with appropriate control mechanisms. He shares with all HI managers and the project’s technical team the responsibility for good technical management and the proper functioning of the overall organization, through paradigm shifts.
Mission 1: Expertise & Project Support
1.1 Contributes to HI strategies (operational and technical) in line with overall HQ and technical strategies
1.2 Provides technical support to projects in accordance with global technical frameworks and standards within its sector scope
- Provides adequate technical guidance, guidance and support to Project Managers and Project Technical Officers in accordance with mandatory cross-cutting strategies, standards and approaches
- Develop and deliver technical training
- Ensures adequate support for multi-sectoral responses within projects
- Provide support to the project team in the development of the project implementation plan / activity planning using PM Box, monitoring and evaluation plan, databases, etc. .
- Provides local sector monitoring, best practices to adopt within its sector scope
- Contributes to recruitment and integration within its sectoral scope
1.3 Provides technical learning for projects
- Contribute to the capitalization of projects and ensure the technical learning of projects
- Collect, document and disseminate best practices and support project managers and project technical officers in capitalization planning and implementation
1.4 Ensures control & monitoring of the technical quality and relevance of HI’s activities in the programs under its scope
- Ensure regular technical quality control of projects and programs and issue alerts and recommendations in the event of a significant discrepancy between what has been programmed and what has been achieved.
- Monitor the implementation of audit recommendations, if any
1.5 Ensures that the technical proposal complies with nexus issues
- Ensure the technical consistency of the approach and methodology on all components of PIN projects within its sectoral scope
1.6 Contributes to the development of research and innovation projects in the region when relevant, within its sectoral scope
- Propose and manage technical innovation projects
- Identify priorities for Research and Studies and manage R&S
- Identify local/national organizations for meaningful and long-term partnerships
1.7 Contributes to the animation of the professional channel of the Technical Divisions
- Contribute to the overall animation of the professional sectors of its sectoral scope from the Technical Departments (community of practice, etc.)
- Animate a pool of local talent within its sectoral scope (carry out technical interviews of candidates and produce recommendations, identify training and capacity building needs)
Mission 2: Influencing
2.1 Contribute to local external influence and the influence of HI’s expertise within its sectoral scope
- Represent HI’s technical expertise through relevant local networks, working group, cluster and working group
- Contribute to advocacy on specific themes in line with global advocacy priorities
- Contribute to internal and external communication messages and tools
- Attend and represent HI at events and conferences
Mission 3: Business development
3.1 Ensure the development of major opportunities or new projects in the program under its sectoral scope
- Contributes to the analysis of the context, the design and the drafting of new projects in the program and when requested in other countries within the Geographic Department
- Identify & transform major program opportunities
- Contributes to the design of major projects (several countries, one theme) or new projects on the program
- Identify and develop local partnerships and/or consortia with I/NGOs, CSOs, governments and institutions, on technical priorities or important program topics
- Identify new donors and funding opportunities in its technical area in collaboration with the PIN/Global Technical Specialist and the management team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in physiotherapy, occupational therapy or related rehabilitation and ECD health background
- Certification in project management or project cycle management is an asset
- Excellent in spoken and written English, Filipino
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in rehabilitation / ECCD technical support
- Demonstrated competence in rehabilitation and ECCD, and child-centred approaches
- Experience in providing technical support during the design, implementation and close out of projects
- Project management experience
- Previous experience in emergency response in the humanitarian sector is an asset
- Previous experience with NGOs is an asset
- Experience in training management or training module construction is an asset
Skills (knowledge, abilities required for the position)
- Proven ability to build relationships with partners and donors
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills to motivate teams and stakeholders, advocate and build networks.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Knowledge of international humanitarian standards and framework and the UN national humanitarian coordination system is an asset
- Strong demonstrated organizational skills such as the ability to take responsibility, take initiative, prioritize work and respond effectively to multiple pressing issues while maintaining attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to work under pressure, in a team or independently, and meet deadlines consistently
- Team spirit and responsiveness;
- Proven experience or highly competent skills in technical/report writing
- Proficiency in computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, etc.)
How to register
- A resume not to exceed three (3) pages summarizing qualifications and experience, including 3 work references former line managers or the HR unit with contact details (phone and email)
- A cover letter/motivation is a TO HAVE TO;
- Immediately available to join;
- Recruitment reference (HIPIN/MANI/2022/019*)* must be specified in the subject line of your email application.
Incomplete requirements may result in the disqualification of your application. NBI/Police Clearance is a must for the selected candidate before onboarding
Please send the stated requirements to [email protected] on or before June 15, 2022.HI reserves the right to fill the position with a qualified candidate before the deadline. Please note that we will only contact shortlisted candidates. Applications from people with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
By applying to one of these Humanity & Inclusion vacancies, the candidate understands that if successful, they will be subject to a thorough background check and their personal/professional references will be sought to assess their behaviors related to above topics related to backup.
To determine the salary for this position, HI Philippines-Indonesia applies its salary ranking process, taking into account the job description, the candidate’s previous work experience and the organization’s salary grid.
Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants, regardless of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic background, including people with disabilities, to apply. Humanity & Inclusion has a zero tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority, fraud, bribery and corruption.
To learn more about humanity and inclusion, please visit our website at www.hi.org