A cast is looking to fill roles for a sequel to the greatest movie ever shot in Syracuse.
Casting Buffalo has posted a notice looking for actors for “The Binge 2: It’s a Wonderful Binge”. American High, based in Liverpool, NY, is filming the steamy holiday flick, a sequel to the 2020 Hulu comedy “The Binge,” in February and March.
Casting Buffalo says they need:
- fake santa claus – Open gender, all ethnicities, 40s-80s, drunk Santa performer drinking beer at a gala; resembling a Santa Claus but a bit more robust (Artie Lange type), a Santa you certainly wouldn’t want with children. Comedic improvisation encouraged. One scene, four lines.
- Officer Kaya (her) – Open gender, all ethnicities, 40+, female police officer who has been on the force for a while and is fed up with nonsense, doesn’t want to work during binge or Christmas Eve and is annoyed to have to. Comedic improvisation encouraged. Four scenes, five lines.
- Ripper – Open gender, all ethnicities, 20+, brother who seems to really want to talk about cryptocurrency or NFT. Warning: alcohol and drug use done. Comedic improvisation encouraged. One scene, two lines.
- angry driver – Open gender, all ethnicities, 30+, Brooklyn type, belligerent driver who would yell at you if you walked on the same sidewalk as them. Comedic improvisation encouraged. One scene, one line.
If interested, email [email protected] with the subject line “Binge 2 / (the role you wish to audition for)” by Thursday, January 20 at 5 p.m. with your name(s) ( s), CV, age, height, location, email, phone number, portraits (current photos) and vaccination status. Proof of vaccination and Covid-19 test required.
ET Casting by Annie Delano LLC has released a second casting call, also for “The Binge 2,” which is looking for kids for a variety of younger roles, including:
- Two children ages 7-12 who may be at a family dinner (must do Wednesday February 2 and Friday February 4)
- Children from 8 to 11 years old for an orphanage scene (Thursday, February 10); a child will be chosen to shout very loudly, so if your child can shout, please note this in your email.
- Baby around 0-3 or 4 months (Thursday, February 17). Any sex, one scene, four hours of shooting. Twins would be ideal, but open to all babies.
If your child is available, please email [email protected] with your name and contact information, child’s name and age, current photo of child, dates your child can work and your child’s vaccination status. Anyone entering the set will be tested for Covid-19 upon arrival, and anyone over the age of 12 must be fully vaccinated; ideally young children will be vaccinated if they are eligible.
All child roles are filmed in Syracuse at a rate of $182 per day. If your child is selected, parents or guardians will need to obtain a Child Actor Permit and UTMA/UGMA Trust Fund before they can work; AND Casting can help with the process once casting is finalized.
“The Binge 2: It’s a Wonderful Binge” is a Christmas-themed sequel to 2020’s “The Binge,” the greatest movie ever shot in Syracuse; more than 2,000 extras and 50–60 local crew members worked there. Scenes were filmed at Syracuse Studios (formerly AV Zogg Middle School in Liverpool), Onondaga Lake Parkway, Hanover Square, Carnegie Library, Clinton Square, Village Burger in Liverpool, a bridge in Van Buren and the Greater Syracuse Soundstage (formerly known as the name of the DeWitt nano film hub).
Jordan VanDina, who wrote the first film, will make his directorial debut with “The Binge 2” for American High and Hulu. The synopsis of the film is as follows:
“For the near future, alcohol and drugs will be banned, except for one glorious day known as The Binge… This year, that day miraculously comes at Christmas. Watch a holiday adventure like you’ve never seen before that includes magical storybooks, catchy songs, beautiful stop motion animation, and a Christmas saga that won’t soon be forgotten…and drugs ! Many of them! Happy Bingemas!
It will be the first franchise for American High, which recently wrapped its 12th film in the Syracuse area in four years.
American High founder Jeremy Garelick, who directed the first “The Binge” movie, will executive produce the sequel with Will Phelps, Ryan Bennett and Molle DeBartolo. Andrew Reyes will serve as executive producer on the project.
No casting has been announced for “The Binge 2”. Vince Vaughn, Skyler Gisondo, Dexter Darden and Eduardo Franco starred in the first film.